POLICIES & INFORMED CONSENT Document
Your knowledge and consent are required before we may collect, use, or disclose your personal information except in rare circumstances (i.e. subpoena, medical emergency, and debt collection). If you have a question on any of this, please ask our receptionist.
2. Email and text Notifications
I authorize emails and text messages from Blessed Be Wellness & Beauty Inc. to be sent to my email address and phone number provided on the intake form; I understand that I have an option to be taken off the email list at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org should I choose not to receive future emails from Blessed Be Wellness & Beauty Inc. Email communication might include any or all of the following:
- Confirmation of appointment
- Email reminder to book an appointment (monthly basis)
- Email Contact (Re: cancellations, appointment availability, etc.)
- Advertising, Promotions, & Research (E.g. sidewalk sale or booths with free in-chair massage, handouts or draws for massage gift certificates, massage presentations, & opportunities to participate in research).
- Forms (Re: health history, self assessment, surveys, various forms to be filled online).
Once you book with me you will get an email or text messages conforming your appointment with a link to an online history form please fill it.
Nothing said, done, performed, typed, printed, or produced by the therapists, practitioners, or any representative of this office is intended or meant to diagnose, prescribe, treat a disease, or take the place of a licensed physician.
- I declare that it is my choice to consult & receive treatment offered at Blessed Be Wellness & Beauty Inc.
- I understand the Reflexology or Massage Therapy or Beauty treatment/service that I am to receive is not a diagnosis or treatment for any medical problems. A physician has to be consulted with any serious illness, or undiagnosed problems.
- I am aware that therapy provided by Blessed Be Wellness & Beauty Inc. is of a complimentary nature only.
- I accept total responsibility for my own health care & maintenance.
- I hereby release Blessed Be Wellness & its therapists, practitioners & representatives from any and all liability due to problems arising from the therapy or service as a result of information not given, or incorrectly given, in this case history. I also agree to advise the therapist/practitioner of any pertinent condition that may arise or change during the treatment period.
- I understand that there may be some physiological responses that are sometimes related to the self-healing process such as: nausea, dizziness, diarrhea, muscle soreness or depression, all of which may occur naturally as part of a cleansing process due reflexology or massage therapy treatments. I further understand that reflexology & massage therapy may be helpful in the alleviation of pain from any suspected ailment(s) I may have had before the session. However, alleviation of pain is not synonymous with “recovery” from any suspected dysfunction, & I will therefore refrain from any excessive activity that might cause further injury to myself during my healing process.
Your therapist/practitioner will review your Health History form with you and will ask you questions to ensure that you receive a treatment that meets your needs. You will be asked to update this form yearly for address changes and any health related changes. Your health history and assessment is part of your appointment, please do not come in early.
Please fill all forms online prior to your appointment to ensure efficiency and a healthier experience.
If you have a fever or a cough related to flu or cold symptoms please reschedule your appointment. Please leave a message for your therapist if you need advice.
7. Soft Scent Policy
Please refrain from using large amounts of perfumes and other scented products.
Please refrain from smoking directly before your appointment to reduce the smoke smell.
Whenever possible showering before your appointment would be greatly appreciated and carries many benefits to yourself as well as to your therapist.
We ask that you do not make or receive phone calls on portable devices while in the clinic.
Clients are responsible for the time they reserve for their appointment. If you are late for your appointment the treatment will still end at the designated time with no change in fee.
Keep in mind that the duration of a session booked includes all time with your Therapist, On & Off of the table.
10. Gift Certificates
Gift certificates are only available to existing clients.
11. Direct Billing
We will only direct bill to one insurance company at a time (there might be some exceptions please ask your therapist)
Clients are responsible to ensure their benefit plan does cover massage therapy or reflexology & whether or not a doctor’s note is required.
If you are covered by your own insurance as well as a spouse/partner’s plan, the insurance rules are that you must claim against your own plan 1st until it’s used up and then you can claim on the alternate plan.
Before your first appointment please check your insurance booklet or call your insurance company to learn about your massage coverage. We cannot get that information for you.
Blessed Be Wellness & Beauty Inc. offers direct billing as a courtesy service. If my insurance company does not cover the treatment or has pending status, I agree to pay my treatment in full or provide a credit card number to cover treatment costs.
12. Cancellation Policy
Blessed Be Wellness & Beauty Inc. has a 48 hours cancellation policy, when you book an appointment with a therapist you are booking that therapist’s time. In order to accommodate all our clientele we need 48 hours’ notice of cancellation and/or rescheduling, less than that is inadequate time for us to offer your appointment time to others. If you are unable to make it we request that you call 48 hours in advance. If you do not call to cancel and/or reschedule before the 48 hour period a cancellation fee will be charged.
Cancellation fees are 100% of treatment fees, subject to GST, and subject to change without notice. For more information, please ask reception.
All cancellations & rescheduling done within 48hrs of the booked appointment & any no shows are subject to a fee equivalent to the full amount of the missed or cancelled or rescheduled service.
**If you book within the 48 hour time frame, the policy is in effect immediately.**
In some scenarios such as illness and medical emergencies we may elect to waive the cancellation fees. Please contact our office to determine eligibility.
Thank you for your consideration and cooperation.
If you have any questions about Blessed Be Wellness & Beauty Inc.’s Policies, please do not hesitate to send us a text.
If you have an insurance company that allows direct billing for massage therapy that is not on our list please let us know and we will try to add them.
You must be logged in to post a comment.