Prior to Arrival
- Patients will be informed about their responsibilities at the time of booking. A notice will be placed on the website, and the online booking software will send them a copy of these protocols as part of a Covid-19 specific consent form they will be required to sign electronically, prior to arriving at their appointment.
- One day prior to their booked appointment, the patient will be required to complete the Online Self-Assessment tool and to stay home if they experience any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Only 1 patient/person is permitted in the clinic space at any given time per therapist. Patients must arrive unaccompanied. Minors will not be treated at this time.
- Patients are asked to arrive on time and not early or late for appointments.
- The second door in the entrance will be locked at all time to limit traffic in the clinic.
- A touchless hand sanitizer dispenser is fixed to the wall beside the second door.
Entry into Clinic Space
- Immediately upon entering the clinic space the patient must use the touchless hand sanitizer dispenser that is fixed to the wall just inside the clinic door.
- If hands are visibly soiled, the patient must opt to wash hands in the washroom for at least 20 seconds.
- Client’s temperature will be taken via a contactless infrared thermometer and oral COVID-19 screening questions will be asked and documented by the therapist.
- The therapist will wash hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds between patients, before and after disinfecting spaces, before donning gloves and after taking gloves off, and before donning or doffing other PPE like face masks or shields.
- Paperless transactions are encouraged. An invoice may be emailed to the patient in order that they pay it online.
- Receipts will be emailed, not printed.
- A touchless hand sanitizer dispenser is on the reception desk.
- The door and doorknobs will be disinfected between each patient.
- The therapist will wear a mask at all times.
- Common areas will be cleaned and disinfected at least twice a day, including the restroom.
- All high touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected between patients, regardless of appearances. High touch surfaces include (but are not limited to):
- Light switches, door knobs, POS machine, electronic devices, table surfaces, chairs, stools, faucets, etc.
- The treatment table, table levers, face cradle, lotion bottles will be disinfected immediately after each treatment.
- All linens, including blankets and pillow cases are single use only and will be laundered using high heat, detergent and bleach between each use.
Within the Treatment Room
- It is not possible to maintain physical distancing while in the treatment room.
- Patients will be asked to keep all personal belongings within a plastic bin, which can and will be sanitized between patients.
- A touchless hand sanitizer dispenser is fixed to the wall inside the treatment room.
- Once supine the patient will be given a clean face shield to wear.
Restroom for Patient Use
- The restroom has been equipped with touchless paper towels dispenser.
- Soap and fresh paper towels for drying will be available at all times.
- A touchless hand sanitizer dispenser is fixed to the wall just outside the washroom door.
In the current environment of Covid-19 risk, informed consent requires that the patient be informed and understands that:
- Any massage therapy treatment involves some risk of Covid-19 transmission;
- The therapist is following protocol to help reduce or mitigate risk where possible, but that risk cannot be reduced to zero;
- The patient consents to the treatment despite some risk; And the RMT will document the patient’s consent in advance and at every treatment.
The online booking system is currently not available. Please text 5877839724 to request an appointment or use our contact form.
Please be aware that I went paperless. Everything is done online now. Once you book with me you will get 2 emails or text messages. The first one is confirmation of your appointment and has a link to an online history form please fill it. Then you will get a reminder 24 hours before your appointment and will have a COVID-19 form in it please fill that one too. Please stay subscribed to all email notifications. If you wish to unsubscribe text me or email me and I will unsubscribe you myself. Please do NOT uncheck your subscription boxes yourself.